POMC was established in 1966. The first POMC - CARS in the PARK was held in 1980 at the POMC Club grounds in Keuning Street Silverton. Nine cars of POMC club members were displayed. From 1982, other one make clubs were also invited to display their vehicles. By 2005 more than 80 clubs displayed about 2000 vehicles and the POMC grounds became too small to accommodate any further growth. After investigation it was decided to move the event in 2006 to the Zwartkops Race Track.
In addition, the usual entry and exit points on the R55 which runs from Kyalami to Laudium, a entrance with a parking area were created next to the R55 south of the main Zwartkops entrance. Since those early times, where the event was strictly a classic car show, the event has evolved to the point where it attracts some 3 000 special-interest motor cars and motor cycles, over 100 car clubs, associated motoring and apparel store holders and over 12 000 spectators.
It is by far the biggest car show on the South African calendar, and in fact it is the biggest event on the Zwartkops Raceway calendar.
Cars that show up every year range from vintage machines dating back as early as 1904 to classics from the 1950s and 1960s, hot rods, muscle cars, dragsters, customised motorcycles and hot turbocharged street machines. It is this varied mix of motorised adoration that makes the event so special.